Tuesday 18 August 2009

Home sweet home (if only I lived in Florence)

So I've been in Florence for the last two days and I LOVE it here, the city is amazing! It's quite small but there is still plenty to see and I especially enjoy the tall Renaissance style buildings that shelter me from the sun! I've been to see the 'real' David and the replica, which was pretty breathing taking considering it was carved out of one MASSIVE piece of marble! I saw the big cathedral, the Palazzo Veechio, Basilica de San Lorenzo and other lovely looking building. Today I went to Pisa to see the leaning tower which was pretty cool.... after getting disgusting lost on the way. I made it in the end.... eventually! At sunset I climbed the Piazzale Michalangelo which was incredible, the best views in the city, stunning, despite the millions stairs!

The hostel I'm staying at isn't too bad, met some lovely people and ate goooood food! I really really love Florence and would definitely come back even thought I've pretty much seen all I wanted to. I've discovered i don't really like Renaissance paintings, they're a bit too grand and dark for my liking, but the statues are wonderful! I'm heading to Rome tomorrow morning which will be great even thought I'm starting to get a little fed up of sight seeing, it's pretty exhausting! Looking forward to seeing old Popey!

I best go as I'm using my room mates laptop and they're out of the shower now! Italy is an amazing country but I hate the heat and the mosquitoes, except for that everything is wonderful and I'm having lots of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment